While financial transactions are typically associated with retail, there are also daily processes for many companies working in the Public Sector and state/local government. With that, comes demand for systems and solutions that increase efficiency.
Consumer expectations are constantly rising for easy-to-purchase and speedy public services. An omnichannel solution for commerce allows seamless flows of transactional data between the front-end and back-end of your system, while still adhering to global compliance and security standards.
There are a variety of drivers in Public Sector and state and local government for solutions such as Cashiering. We’ve come across many use case scenarios for clients in these industries who utilize Microsoft Dynamics 365, a modern, cloud-based ERP solution.
Use Cases At-A-Glance
- External: Patient comes to window to pay for clinical visit; Citizen pre-pays for a birth certificate (charges auto-split for state dept of health) and then receives refund
- Internal: Employee pays to replace a lost badge; Partial payments for open invoices; Ability to define roles and privileges for department users and managers
Watch our webcast on-demand for a series of use-case demos from our technical architect.
What is the OnActuate Cashiering Solution?
Our Cashiering solution for the Public Sector leverages Dynamics 365 Commerce. It’s an end-to-end accounting solution that enables execution and central reconciliation of cashiering transactions throughout each of the four main roles involved in the cashiering process – Cashier, Manager, Treasurer, and Auditor.
Whether you’re using case management, finance, operational systems, field service, or cashiering, it’s an interoperable system that works in an integrated manner. Our Cashiering solution isn’t overcomplicated, but it is flexible so you have all the capabilities you need to build and scale. This includes:
- Unified and accurate front office and back office
- Seamless end-to-end experience and data-synchronization
- Extensive audit trail at point-of-sale (POS) available at back office
- Centralized accounting
- Fund balancing accounting
- Cashiering transactions related reports
- Connectivity with peripheral devices
- Master and configuration-driven operations (data flows in, gets validated, and then posted)
- Partial payment for open invoices
Here’s a preview of the top 3 Cashiering features that aren’t available in the core Dynamics 365 Commerce application:
Using funds to demonstrate fiscal accountability is an accounting requirement for organizations in the Public Sector. The actual implementation may differ based on localization requirements.
Check Scanner Integration
This feature can digitally scan checks and endorse the back.
One-Stop Financials Workspace
This centralized workspace is valuable as it provides managers with a centralized view for more efficient analysis.
Learn more about the functions and operations included in our Cashiering solution.
Common Cashiering Problems Facing the Public Sector
Through discovery analysis sessions with our customers, we
have identified the three most common functional challenges related to financial
- Isolated systems and disconnected
applications: Often cashiering – as well as some reporting, budgeting, and
procurement systems – are disconnected from the core legacy system, which slows
down processes and increases the margin for error.
- Desire to automate business processes,
from channel touchpoints to back-end financial management systems: A key
requirement for these clients is to automate their business processes, right
from cashiering to posting to the ledger.
- Impersonalized digital experience for kiosk
citizen: The process needs to be intuitive and efficient. The transaction should
be easy to use for both the citizen and the city that that is utilizing
the system. When the process is done quickly it enhances productivity and
allows the city to focus their time on servicing the programs for their town
and local government.
Dynamics 365 Commerce and our Cashiering solution can help address these key areas of concern that are very typical for a financial system.
Get more information on Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Commerce and how to deliver unified commerce at scale.
A Process-Centric Implementation
OnActuate is an established public sector technology partner with a broad suite of Microsoft business systems and solutions that we support for Dynamics globally. Our collaborative approach to delivering solutions focuses on clearly defined business processes.
This bundle of recommended processes has proven to:
- Limit the risk of implementation
- Define and lower the implementation cost
- Provide a timely implementation-to-production process
Please reach out to a member of our team to learn more about how we can add measurable value to your organization –